Create a Cipher Wheel - Free Virtual Event
Time & Location
About The Event
In this online class, we will learn basic encryption and create a tool that implements one of the oldest encryption techniques - The Caeser Cipher. You can just follow along or buld your own! This is part of our "unplugged" activities where kids learn computer science and coding concepts using their hands and practical materials rather than a computer.
Goals of the Class
- Build a Cipher Wheel
- Learn basic cryptography skills - encrypting, decrypting, and using algorithms.
- Apply math skills to a problem
- Apply logic to solve a problem
Materials to build your own Cipher Wheel
- Cardboard or Poster Board
- Ruler, Divider, or Protractor (Very useful)
- Pencils, Colored Pencils, or Markers
- Pin or Pushpin, or small nut and bolt
This is an incredibly fun and instructional project that your kids will be able to use/play with daily.
- Free Virtual Cipher Class$0$00$0