Tue, Sep 10|
CodeForce Chess Club
Educators around the world acknowledge that chess is a powerful tool for developing higher order thinking skills, creativity, numerical and verbal aptitudes, and memory.
Time & Location
Sep 10, 2019, 6:45 PM
CodeForce, 5 West Washington Street, Oswego, IL 60543, USA
About The Event
The Goals of this club:
- To employ the benefits of chess for achieving better results in other disciplines taught in regular classrooms
- To teach the art and science of chess to our students by providing them with expert instruction
- To organize opportunities for improving students chess and interpersonal skills.These opportunities include, but are not limited to, participation in tournaments, matches, camps, exhibitions, tours, and classes.
- To promote a team spirit and to create a winning team.
- To help youth develop a widespread interest and competence in the playing of chess that can capture many children's imaginations, free time, and wild energy!
We will meet on Tuesday evenings from 7 - 7:45. This is for the Fall Semester, which runs from September - December. A full schedule will be published before the club starts meeting.
Fall Semester Chess Club
This ticket registers you or your child for the fall season of the CodeForce Chess Club.$49.00